Monday, October 15, 2007

I'm so full right now

OK last nights meal was all right, but it took so long to make with so little return that I am afraid to put it in here in fear someone will make it. So lets pretend like yesterday never happened and move onto today.
basic, good baked pasta
But I didn't make that, I made a version of it. Here is the original recipe, then I will give what I did:

Baked pasta with roasted veg.

1 red pepper
1 zucchini
2 mushrooms
1/2 onion
1/8 cup oil
1/8 cup parm cheese
1/2 pound penne
1 and 1/2 cups sauce
1/4 cup moz. cheese
3/4 cup white beans
1 table butter

On baking sheet toss veggies in oil oil, salt and pepper, and Italian herbs
roast on 450 for 15 minutes.
Boil penne until aldente (want it still hard).
toss with veg, cheese, maranara, and beans and pour into casserole dish.
top with parmeasean cheese and butter and bake for 25 minutes.

So this is what I do usually but with more sauce, different vegetables, and tofu instead of cheese. but i had leftover spinach and fake ricotta (tofu that has been pressed and crumbled to resemble the texture of ricotta) from last nights meal so I included that. I was late coming home tonight so instead I just heated up last weeks sauce and added one more can of magic bulletted tomatoes, basil, salt, and garlic and heated it up. Then I sauteed (not roasted) 1 portabello mushroom, 1/2 zucchini, I can't remember what else... and combined the sauce, the spin tofu mix, a handful of cheese, and vegetables together and cooked. it was still a little bland. feta picked it up somewhat nicely though. if you like spice I can imagine red pepper flakes working in there.

No comments: