Wednesday, October 17, 2007

carbohydrates

Tonight I cooked vegetable dinner. I haven't made this in a while. It was a favorite when clyde and I lived in georgia before I got really into cooking. I should call it carbohydrate dinner instead though. Here is the combo:
1. Mashed potatoes and gravy (I mixed half potatoes and half cauliflower to reduce the carbs. I saw a guy do only cauliflower boiled and mashed on a no carb cooking show and tried it once and its pretty much the same. so I mixed.
2. macaroni. from the box. mmmmmm.
3. black eyed peas. mmmmmmm. seasoned with salt and pepper.mmmmmm.
4. apple/raisin stuffing. This is a dish I work on occasionally. I cooked 1/2 onion and 1 apple on stovetop for about 10 minutes. Then I added a handful of raisins and 1/8 white wine and cooked 5 more minutes. Then I cooked the stuffing. combined them and topped with Parmesan cheese and baked briefly. mmmmm.
I love this meal. Then I fed everyone B vitamins to absorb the carbs our body did not burn. I wonder if that is true.

No comments: