Tuesday, October 9, 2007

chili

Tonight I wanted to make a mexican style soup with no recipe.
guess what mexican style soup is? Chili.
when you put in the beans, corn, tomatoes, and vegetables, and orzo pasta that pretty much makes chili.
so I tossed in some chili powder, cumin, basil, and oregano. It wasn't good or bad, just chili.
I cut up some green onions to go on top with my cheese and sour cream. and I made biscuits.
things to do with chili?
Chili cheese nachos. Have had these and its a good idea.
chili on fake hotdogs. well, I only eat fake hotdogs when clyde and self have fire. that would be hard to bring chili out there. unless it was a real campfire and then maybe I could cook chili on the side in one of those cast iron dishes you can cook on open fire.
OH chili cheese macaroni. OK tried that once and it wasn't that bad
chili cheese fries...
burrito with greens added, thats pretty good when I don't want stew two days in a row, somehow the tortilla transforms the chili

2 comments:

Shannon Rae said...

Is your biscuit recipe on here somewhere???

Chili cheese macaroni? That sounds disgusting....could it possibly me tasty?

chrissy said...

Hey shannon, the biscuit recipe is under when you press older recipes on the bottom of the page its the first one, but here it is anyway
biscuits:
1/2 cup of butter ( I use melted, I can't tell the difference when cutting it in with a pastry cutter)
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 table spoons flax meal
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
3/4 cup milk

mix dry ingrediants
mix in butter and make coarse meal
mix in milk
roll out and cut biscuits
cook on 425 for about 12-15 minutes