Thursday, October 11, 2007

pizza night

Yesterdays breakfast was pretty fun. I mixed half of one of those sugary packages of oatmeal with real oats from the canister. I mixed this with hot rice milk and fruit from my trees. that was the fun part, the fruit is ripe. well, not just from my trees. The orange was from me, and the star fruit was from mr. kato. Then I threw in some yogurt. very good. Lunch I kept on going with making guac. from the avocado Rubbos friend Kristine brought over. we had chili tacos. meaning we scooped chili into the taco shells, covered it with guac, cabbage, and cheese, and ate it. it was yummy. Dinner was shot though, cause I had a meeting with a committee I am on at school. They fed us sushi. I peeled off the seaweed of one and ate the rice, cabbage, and tuna inside, but it tasted too funny.
Today: pizza night. earlier meals were nondescript.
This is the order I do pizza in, for convenience sake.
Pizza dough first because it takes an hour to rise

Pizza dough:
1 and 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
3/4 cup warm water
2 and 1/4 cup all purpose flour (I use half wheat and it works)
1 teaspoon salt
pinch of sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
Put yeast in a small bowl and cover it with 1/4 cup of the hot water. Let it sit until its all yeasty, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile mix dry ingredients.
When ready add yeast mix, oil, and rest of the water.
mix and kneed on floured surface about 3-5 minutes.
put into an oiled bowl, make sure its covered with oil, and let it sit for an hour.

So while thats rising I make my tomato sauce, its the same as always but...
Tomato sauce:
I sautéed one onion
then I added 2 cans of chopped tomatoes that I magic bulleted until they were creamy and no lumps.
To this I added:
2 cloves chopped garlic
1 bay leaf
about 10 leaves of basil
1 sprig of rosemary
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon of salt
some pepper
Then i put the lid on it on low and let it cook away.

Meanwhile the oven is on for when the dough is ready and its set for 450.
I cut up mushrooms, green onions, carrots, cauliflower, garlic, and zucchini for topping.
I had half a pack of the flax tempeh in the fridge that I cut into small pieces and sauteed on med. with olive oil with chili powder and garlic powder sprinkled on top. It really needed to be cooked with fennel seeds. clyde put some fennel seeds on his and it tasted like sausage like the tofu does when we add them.

I rolled out the dough into 2 longated pieces and put them on oiled baking sheets. they went into the 450 oven for 8 minutes. I called the boys and we all put our toppings on our pizza. This was the fun part. and mozzarella and parm. cheese. I baked it for 10 minutes more and couldn't wait for mine. clyde let his cook about 5 minutes longer. It was really good.

No comments: