Monday, September 17, 2007

I'm sick

It is true, I got a head cold in the summer in hawaii. I don't know how, but it sucks. or blows (literally).My nose is running like crazy. but whatever, I still gotta eat. Soup? No, I didn't think about it until just now. For breakfast I tried to get some of everything, so I had the usual egg with clyde bread, grapes and bananas and rice milk. Lunch I had leftover from last night. recap on the weekend:
saturday, sick started, clyde talked me into walking to borders for activity, we ate at maui taco in the mall. we got our usual black bean and rice burrito covered in enchalata sauce. yum.
Sunday, sick, and the grocery store was out of food. crazy. not completely out, but out of most of the things on my ingredient list for what I was going to cook (but I will not talk about that until I get to cook it, I am so excited about it). So I made a weekday back up item on this weeks menu: Caribbean beans and rice. I made it about a year ago and both rubbo and clyde liked it. I think I used instant rice last time, and this time I found basmati rice in the freezer and decided to use it. last time it was like curry, cause you cook the beans and rice together in a mix of coconut milk and veggie broth, and the spices are all spice and thyme. This time it absorbed all the liquid and all i had left was beans and rice. I put some curry spices in it, because I just got some more cardamom from the store, but it overpowered it.
digression
today: super sick and busy. very busy. two tests and a literature review are due this week, and I have to serve on a committee for student conduct this week I just found out. So no time to make dinner really. The house has been warned. Tonight I put potatoes in the oven right before class, and when I came home PRESTO they were done. I love potatoes. clyde and I met sharon at jamba juice/starbucks for studying, so I had this beverage called the coldbuster with a shot of immunity. I hope tomorrow I can function again, and make my surprise dinner.

No comments: