Tuesday, September 4, 2007

food quiz

I had clyde and self start a food journal. I realize I am bad at writing down things I should not be eating. Figures. When Lydia was here we were talking about formulating a diet based off of what nutrients we might not be getting from habit foods. Habit foods being things I always buy and eat, such as I always get certain vegetables and beans, etc. Clyde and I don't get enough B12. I thought it would be zinc, but its more the 12. So food journal to see what we need to be getting.
Tonight I ordered pizza. It ALWAYS makes my stomach hurt, but I still order it. I am such a chump. Its like Shoneys, or worse, KFC. Man, I want fried chicken in the worst way, I mean I'm from Georgia. But KFC always makes me feel sick, its the grease, but every couple of months I can't take it anymore and I sneak down there and get some chicken and some remorse. As soon as I walked in the house tonight I thought: "pizza" and rubbo said " I was thinking about pizza and I was going to ask you to make it". funny, I wasn't going to suggest I make it. I ordered it. Pizza isn't one of those put together dinners, you have to feel like making pizza to make it. The dough isn't bad, but slightly time consuming. Plus making the sauce since I am not using canned (they all have high fructose corn syrup in them except the pricy ones) etc. nope, I'll pay for someone elses to make me sick. But I think of pizza and calzone as the same thing (clyde says) and calzone doesn't make my stomach hurt. But calzone is always lacking what feels like a main ingredient. I have used all kinds of things right down to fake sausage. I need a filling filler.
So this week I have been thinking of food quiz questions for fun. Answer at will.
1. What is my (your) favorite thing to cook?

Anything I know all of the ingredients to and have made so many times that I can safely improvise

2. What is your favorite non-essential cooking tool (lets skip the ovens and can openers)
The magic bullet of course. I can't believe I ever had to live without one. I can't wait for a kitchen tractor though.

3. What is the fall back easy meal in the house?
Pasta with olive oil and seasonings, tacos, mega-nachos, eggs

4. Who is your favorite cooking show host?
Giada de laurentes

5. Other than meat, what is a good calzone filling?
insert idea.

4 comments:

Shannon Rae said...

Man, right now I'm having a KFC craving....had some on my honeymoon last month. I had a 2-piece and a biscuit for the first time since 1993, maybe? It was great, but yeah, super greasy....funny to hear you crave it. I understand how it can hurt your stomach.

1. I love to cook pizza, it's become so simple for me making it due to having my bread machine and I love the leftovers because it's easy to heat and cook. I can also send it with BoB to work for his lunch.

2. Cooking tool, it's a toss up between my food processor and the bread machine. Maybe the bread machine wins. I'm on my third one so far.

3. Pizza

4. A calzone filling? I've never used meat. Mozerella, cheddar, ricotta, provolone, mushrooms, red and yellow bell peppers, red onions, olives, and eggplant.

chrissy said...

I bet you secretly have tried the double down. I love that you took my food quiz.

chrissy said...

wait, who is your favorite cooking show host? since i got that jamie oliver cookbook with the awesome calzone recipe thats what I always use. its mushrooms, swiss chard, cheese and sauce. so good.

chrissy said...

man, honeymoon fried chicken is so necessary. were freaking southern for gods sake.