Sunday, August 19, 2007

blinded by the pad thai

I finished my last post while agitated from sub-par dinner that I forgot to talk about all the successful meals of the day. For breakfast I made these muffins from a recipe I got off the flax meal package. Here they are:
Healthy good muffins

1/2+1/4 all purpose flour
1/4+1/8 flaxseed meal
1/4+1/8 oat bran (but I used oats, no bran)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
(this is not listed but I add similar spices, such as cloves and nutmeg)
1/4 cup shredded carrots
1 shredded apple
(this recipe calls for 1/2 cup chopped nuts, but I put in 1/4 cup chopped sunflower and pumpkin seeds)
1/4+1/8 cup milk
1 beaten egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Mix dry ingredients
Mix in fruit and veg
Separately mix wet ingredients
add wet to dry
Mix until moist
fill 3/4 full of muffin cups
bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes
Clyde later suggested smartly that this tastes like carrot cake, and can only be benefited by adding cream cheese to the top. I am really looking forward to trying that.

1 comment:

clydebink said...

Tastes like nutty carrot cake without icing.