Sunday, November 4, 2007

Potatoes Rojo

mmmmm
This is really one of our favorites. Tonight I discovered a trick too.

Potatoes Rojo
Ingrediants:

A mixture of 2 pounds of potatoes and carrots ( I use sweet and regular, but I use the purple sweet kind that is grown here, I don't know about yam kind) cut into 8ths (meaning I cut the potatoes in half. The halves in half. and then those halves in half.
cut carrots in to half too lenghtways and midways.
The veggies should be the same size

For sauce:
6 tablespoons of butter
3 tablespoons of oil
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup of basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 and 1/2 teaspoon paprika
dash cayenne
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Melt butter and oil. Add spices. Cook briefly. Pour over potatoes in a casserole dish.

Cook on 375 until done (takes about 40 minutes, sometimes less, depending on size of potatoes) open every 15 minutes to baste potatoes in sauce.

No comments: