Sunday, November 4, 2007

Breadsticks

Well I tried Minestrone and breadsticks.
Only the breadsticks are worth commenting on.
I guess I wasn't trying them. We eat these all of the time.

Breadstick Ingredients:

1 and 1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons of sugar
1 and 1/2 cup baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2/3 cup milk (rice works fine)

Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
Stir in milk.
This dough is very wet at this point, so put it on a surface and kneed in a lot more flour, until you can work with it.
Roll it out (might still need to add flour) I find a little thick is better. Skinny ones get really crisp quick
cut into breadstick shapes and put on baking sheet.

Topping:
I like to mix 2 tablespoons of softened butter with
2 cloves of garlic chopped and
1 or so tablespoons of Parmesan cheese (fine, I just pour it in)
I mix this inside my magic bullet and make a spread that I put on top of the sticks.

They go into a 450 degrees oven for about 10-15 minutes depending on thickness, check the bottoms

No comments: