Sunday, May 23, 2010

energy bars

we can't eat the store granola bars cause of the nuts, but this works

1 cup rolled oats (I don't use instant, but the recipe says you can)
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (use what you want)
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup dried fruit + 1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup dry milk
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (but who are we kidding, I love cinnamon, I probably use like a tablespoon)
1/3 cup maple syrup (unless I have it for a special occasion, I use honey here. It works not as well in taste, but fine in consistency after which I have heated to make runny).
2 eggs

preheat oven to 350 deg.
coan 9X13 pan
put everything but syrup and eggs in blender (of course I use the magic bullet, and do this in batches)
after you get it out of blender then add syrup and eggs.
put into pan and coat bottom evenly.
cook until brown. it says 20 minutes, but mine cooked way faster than that, so check it after 10.
cool for 15 minutes.

2 comments:

Shannon Rae said...

I'm so going to have to make these for BoB. He's very interested in making his own energy bars. : )

chrissy said...

I just made these tonight again, because we got so many cherries. let me tell you, you should use a smaller baking dish, because they are better thicker. and also, you don't have to blend the stuff in a blender first, cause i like having the pieces verses a pulp of chewynesss.