Sunday, May 23, 2010

millet salad mexicano (but I used quinoa)

I have used both quinoa and millet in this recipe and both are good.

1 cup millet
2 cups water
salt
kernels from six ears of corn (I did about 1/2 cup of frozen)
2 ripe avacados
2 tablespoons green onion
4 chopped tomato
(although the recipe didn't call for it I added carrots and celery and put it all on top of greens instead of just the grain being the base, and it worked fine)

dressing
combine:
1/2 cup of lime juice (I used lemons both times, except this last time I combined lemons and lime juice, and it worked fine both times)
1/4 cup oil
1 tablespoon cumin (I cut this in half, don't LOVE the cumin)
1/4 cilantro

So if your doing millet roast grains for 5-7 minutes. then combine millet and water to boil, adding salt, for 30 minutes.
if your doing quinoa I just followed the directions on its box.
put on baking sheet to cool.
put down greens and add grain, then the rest of the salad ingredients. pour dressing on top. sooooo good

No comments: